AS A WAY TO STIMULATE OUR COMMUNITY'S ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT, THIS COMPETITION - TO BE HELD AUGUST THROUGH OCTOBER 2022 - IS A RIGOROUS AND THOROUGH PROCESS DETERMINING WHO'S SERIOUS ABOUT BEGINNING OR GROWING A BUSINESS AND WHO'S NOT.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN THE BASICS OF WRITING A BUSINESS PLAN AS WELL AS LEARNING TOOLS TO WORK ON THEIR BUSINESS.
- After registration, not all who register will be selected to “pitch”. Participants will be selected by the Renasant Center for IDEAs Advisory Board. The participants selected to “pitch” their idea or business will do so on Monday, August 29 at 6 p.m. to a panel of mentors. Mentors will be comprised of successful entrepreneurs and business leaders from the Tupelo/Lee County area. Mentors will then decide which “participant” they would like to work with and mentor. The business pitch is a requirement to participate in the 2022 Small Business Plan Competition, and you are not guaranteed a mentorship slot just for pitching.
- “Participants” chosen by a mentor will work with their mentor/mentors from August 29 – October 3 in up to (4) four mentoring sessions.
- After mentoring sessions the “participant” will present to a panel of judges on October 3 at 6:00 p.m. Judges will comprise of business leaders and business educators from outside the Tupelo/Lee County area.
- One winner will be selected from the panel of judges on October 3 at 6:00 p.m. The one winner receives over $5,000 worth of prizes: this includes a small seed fund ($500), professional services, space in the IDEA Hub within the Renasant Center for IDEAs (up to 6 months), to assist getting their business started.
- Participants must be a start-up with an idea or a have an existing small business that is 1 year old or less that they want to grow. (Business start date must be June 1, 2021 or later)